Introducing Garmin’s first combination dog tracking and training system – Alpha. The complete system includes the Alpha 100 touchscreen handheld, the TT 10 tracking/training dog collar and applicable accessories. This system features superior tracking capabilities with industry leading range, allowing users to track both dogs and buddies. The system additionally offers safe and effective training features, including 18 levels of stimulation and audible tone commands. This waterproof, rugged and reliable tracking/training system gives hunters and dog trainers the security of knowing their valuable pointers, beagles, retrievers, and hounds are always performing at their highest level no matter their location.
Track Your Dogs
Measure each dog’s speed, distance and the direction being traveled. Plus, receive notifications when a dog is “Treed” or “On Point.” A single Alpha 100 can track up to 20 dogs or fellow hunters when using either additional Alpha 100 handhelds or TT 15 devices (each sold separately). Or, choose tracking only with the new T 5 dog device. For competitions that don’t allow stimulation, tone or vibe, the compatible T 5 tracking device is an excellent alternative.
Train and Control
Alpha 100 helps you train and control your dogs to stop chasing unwanted game. Easy to access training buttons allow you to communicate separately to each dog through safe and effective features, including 18 levels of momentary and 18 levels of continuous stimulation or an audible tone or vibe command. Plus, a lockout setting is available to avoid accidental stimulation or tone.
Select from 2 stimulation modes to customize your training even further. Traditional stimulation allows you to make quick changes (low, medium and high) within a predetermined stimulation level (1 through 6), whereas linear stimulation allows progressively more stimulation from level 1 through level 18.
Extend Your Battery
When using the TT 15, switch to Rescue Mode to prolong the battery life. When the TT 15 reaches approximately 25 percent battery life, it will automatically slow down the update rate at which it pings Alpha 100 from every 2.5 seconds to every 2 minutes. This mode conserves the battery life of the TT 15, giving you more time to search for and locate your dog.
Plan Your Next Trip
Take charge of your next adventure with BaseCamp, software that lets you view and organize maps, waypoints, routes, and tracks. This free trip-planning software even allows you to create Garmin Adventures that you can share with friends, family or fellow explorers. BaseCamp displays topographic map data in 2-D or 3-D on your computer screen, including contour lines and elevation profiles. It also can transfer an unlimited amount of satellite images to your device when paired with a BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription.
Turn Your Computer Into a BaseStation for Tracking Dogs
Load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control center for tracking multiple dogs and/or buddies (up to 20 Alpha units or TT 15 dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. And because it’s GPS/GLONASS, you'll get safe, secure and more effective tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn’t available.
- Tracks up to 20 dogs or buddies from up to 9 miles away
- 18 training levels of continuous and momentary stimulation
- Measures dogs’ speed and distance traveled
- 3-inch sunlight readable, glove-friendly touchscreen display
- Preloaded with 100K TOPO for the U.S.
- Supports advanced mapping (BirdsEye, custom maps)
- High-sensitivity Quad helix GPS antenna with HotFix
- Intuitive user-interface with 3 quick reference buttons
- 3-axis electronic compass and barometric altimeter
- Supports ANT+ for unit-to-unit wireless transfer of data between other handhelds
- Tone alerts and vibration motor
- Display resolution: WxH 240 x 400 pixels
- Display type: transflective, 65-K color TFT touchscreen
- Touchscreen: Yes
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion (included)
- Battery life: up to 20 hours (Alpha 100)
- Water rating: IPX7
- High-sensitivity receiver: Yes
- Interface: USB
- Barometric altimeter: Yes
- Electronic compass: Yes (tilt-compensated 3-axis)
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): Yes
- Basemap: Yes
- Preloaded maps: Yes (topographic)
- Ability to add maps: Yes
- Built-in memory: 8.0 GB
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest) : Yes
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 4000
- Routes: 200
- Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads): Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Custom maps compatible: Yes
- Hunt/fish calendar: Yes
- Sun and moon information: Yes
- Tide tables: Yes
- Area calculation: Yes
- Range: up to 9 miles line of sight
Handheld Dimensions: WxHxD - 2.5 x 6.5 x 1.5” (6.4 x 16.5 x 3.8 cm)
Weight: 8.8 oz (250 g) with standard antenna and battery
Display size: WxH 1.53"W x 2.55"H (3.8 x 6.3 cm); 3" diag (7.6 cm)
Display resolution: WxH 240 x 400 pixels