With faster 2.5-second location updates and the capacity to follow up to 20 dogs, Astro 430 is a handheld powerhouse of dog-tracking performance. Intuitive and easy to use, the Astro 430 handheld features a vibrant 2.6-inch color display, preloaded TOPO U.S. 100K mapping, an optional in-unit rechargeable battery and Hunt Metrics data to help analyze your dogs' tracking habits in the field, so you can know how to train more effectively. The Astro 430 pinpoints your dogs position and can store 1,000 waypoints and 50 routes.
Using the included T5 dog tracking collar (additional collars sold separately) to transmit each dog's location, Astro 430 is quick to pinpoint the track they’re following even when they’re on the run. On the Astro's bright, crisp display, you can see your dog's current location and a trail of where he's been.
You also can switch over to the Dog Track page to view a compass pointing to your dog's location. For help in keeping the big picture in sight when tracking multiple dogs, it's easy to auto zoom the map page, so all dogs can be seen on the display at any time. Dogs that are too far away to fit on the map's current zoom scale can be notated on the display's margin in the direction of the dog's location.
To reduce visual clutter on the map, you can toggle between "show all," "show some" and "show none" -selecting the duration that each dog's track is viewable on the display. You can also share a dog's track code so another person can view your dog's location on their unit's map, along with the dog tracking compass. Further, by sharing a dog's control code, you can allow another person to configure and control your dog's on-collar device.
Astro 430 features a microSD card slot that allows you to load even more mapping options (sold separately). You also can opt for City Navigator map data that gives you turn-by-turn driving directions on roads. In addition, Astro 430 supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (free 1-year subscription included) so you can download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. The Astro's mapping depicts important nearby geographical features and enables you to see if your dog has crossed a creek or is nearing a dangerous roadway.
Sophisticated Hunt Metrics help monitor your dog's hunting patterns and behaviors to optimize your training opportunities. You can see your dog's times, distances traveled and overall scores. Plus, the Astro 430 will also capture the number of times during the hunt when an "on point" or "treed" event was indicated.
After you've tracked down your quarry, mark the exact spot with Astro's Covey Counter, a special waypoint that shows the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey as well as the number of birds you flushed and took from that location. Astro lets you save other special waypoints, such as "Truck" and "Lodge," so you can easily find your way back to these locations at the end of the hunt. Astro also offers special waypoint icons to represent food plots, tree stands and other hunting-related points.
With an expanded ecosystem of wireless connectivity options, Astro 430 can support unit-to-unit data transfer with a variety of compatible Garmin devices. For example, the outdoor Garmin DriveTrack 70 GPS navigator (sold separately) can receive and display dog positions on its moving map — with TOPO or satellite image views — showing navigation cues to your dog's current location. Likewise, Fenix 3 GPS watches (sold separately) can receive dog status updates and alerts for viewing at a glance on your wrist. Also, while you're in the field, Astro 430 lets you link and share wirelessly with your buddies' compatible devices to help coordinate hunt logistics on the go.
Load your laptop with BaseStation software to turn it into a field control center for tracking multiple dogs (equipped with T5 or T5 mini dog devices). View real-time GPS information on the larger display of your computer, making it ideal for canine search and rescue teams. And because it's GPS/GLONASS capable, you'll get tracking, even where Internet and cell phone service isn't available.
Like all Garmin outdoor products, Astro 430 is designed to be effective, easy to use, reliable and rugged enough to withstand all the blows, bumps and sloppy conditions of training and hunting. The handheld unit is water-resistant to IPX7, and it can be powered with standard AA batteries - or the optionally available long-lasting NiMH battery pack (sold separately) that's rechargeable in the unit. What's more, if you ever drop or misplace your Astro 430 in the field, the high-visibility orange case makes it easy to track down.
- Up to 9 Mile Range away with braided steel VHF Long & Short antennas to T5 (included)
- For dogs 10 pounds and up of all breeds
- Track up to 20 dogs at a time (Additional dog devices required & sold separately)
- Faster 2.5-second update rate
- Vibrant 2.6-inch 65K Color Display
- Transmitter Orange Upland easy to see
- Includes preloaded TOPO US 100K mapping for terrain contours, topo elevations, summits, parks, coastlines, rivers, lakes and more
- FREE 1-year subscription of BirdsEye Satellite Imagery
- T5 collar is equipped with a top-mounted, high-sensitivity GPS and GLONASS receiver to acquire satellites & increased signal reception
- Compatible with Garmin HuntView Maps, TOPO US 24K and City Navigator NT etc. (available separately)
- Change any paper & electronic maps to downloadable maps with FREE Garmin Custom Maps software
- Hunt Metrics data helps analyze your dogs’ hunting patterns and behaviors; view distance traveled, time afield etc.
- Store up to 1000 waypoints for future needs & 10,000 locations
- GPS/GLONASS reception enables better satellite tracking in challenging environments than GPS alone
- Ability to switch to Rescue Mode at 25% battery life-this slows the update rate and conserves battery life
- Collar Lock creates a 4-digit PIN number that helps prevent others from seeing your dogs whereabouts
- Customize the dog display-see your dogs name, direction, distance and status
- Save special waypoints like tree stands-truck or lodge
- Covey Counter marks your spot and gives you the exact location, time of day and elevation where you found your prey
- BaseStation feature provides the ability to connect the Alpha 100 to a laptop to see your dogs on a bigger screen. Basecamp download needed (free)
- Larger icons and text allows easier and faster access to what you are looking for
- Easy software updates-just plug your collar into your computer with included USB cord
- Download your days hunt onto your computer and view on Google Earth
- Lockout setting makes sure you don't correct your dog by mistake
- Vibration alerts can be set up
- Allows you to switch profiles-hunting, recreational, automotive, marine, geocaching, fitness, etc. - quickly so you won't miss a beat after the hunt
- Integrated LED light beacons (activated from the Astro 430 handheld)
- LED Beacon lights for low-light conditions or night time
- Share data wirelessly with other Garmin devices (DriveTrack 70, fenix 3 GPS watches, Oregon, Montana, handhelds)
- Durable and waterproof the system withstands dust, dirt, humidity or water
- Astro 430 is approved for AKC competition, field and hunting events
- Garmin One Year Manufacturer Warranty (Only from Authorized Reseller)
Astro 430 HANDHELD FEATURES:
- Works with T5 & T5 Mini collars (Mode Tracking)
- Works with TT-15 & TT-15 Mini collars (Tracking Mode GPS only)
- LCD Display 2.6 inch diag transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Display 160 x 240 Pixels
- Memory/History 4.0 GB
- Dimensions 6.3"H x 2.4"W X 1.4"D (16 x 6.1 x 3.6 cm)
- Weight 9.2 oz (260.1 g) with batteries
- Operates on 2 AA user-replaceable batteries (included)
- Optional Rechargeable NiMH pack user-replaceable (sold separately)
- Rechargeable battery life up to 20 hours
- Area calculation, Custom maps compatible, Hunt/fish calendar, Sun and moon information ...
- Astro 430 is approved for AKC competition and hunting events
- IPX7 Waterproof rating-withstands pressures equal to a depth of 32 feet (10 meters)
T5 DOG DEVICE FEATURES:
- Range: 9 miles
- GPS Antenna TIP is orange and easy to see
- High-sensitivity GPS/GLONASS receiver
- Adjustable & replaceable collar strap: 1 Inch (2.54 cm)
- Neck size 9.5” to 23”
- Dimensions of receiver collar: 3.5" x 1.75” x 1.85" (8.9 x 4.4 x 4.7 cm)
- Weight: 6.6 oz (188.0 g) without collar strap
- Rescue mode: Yes
- Receiver collar low battery indicator light
- VHF Antenna is steel braided for rough abuse in field
- Beacon light for low visibility & light conditions
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery is approximately 24-48 hours depending on update rate
- Full charge in approx. 4 hours
- Waterproof Rating: 1ATM (10 meters)
- fēnix® 3
- TT™ 15 Mini Dog Device
- DC™ 50 Dog Tracking
- fēnix® 3
- Garmin DriveTrack™
- Garmin DriveTrack™
- T 5 Dog Device
- T 5 Mini Dog Device
- TT™ 15 Dog Device
- VIRB® Elite
- VIRB® X
- VIRB® XE