Hound Breezer™ HB-1001 - 110 Volt by Akoma®
Cooling Comfort for Your Pet, Peace of Mind for you!
- Designed with safety, simplicity and efficiency in mind.
- Protect your pet from the heat! A great cooling source at an economical price
The Hound Breezer™ will help protect your pet from the heat for many years of reliable use. The Hound Breezer™ can also be used for most dog and cat houses. Keeps flying insects out of your dog house, making it much more comfortable and healthier for your pet.
Besides keeping a house warm, the biggest problem pet owners face is keeping the house cool and ventilated. Ever notice in the summer when it is hot, how good a light breeze feels vs. no air movement at all? Well, Mike Hill, the inventor of the Hound Heater did and so the Hound Breezer™ was born.
The Hound Breezer™ draws in outside air and gently blows it into the dog house at an amazing rate of 24 cubic feet (0.68 m3) per minute. This is enough volume to displace all of the air in an average house almost 2 times per minute, all at a noise level so quiet, tests showed it actually produced a “white” noise which created a nice calming effect for pets. Very similar to having a ceiling fan turned on in your own bedroom.
The 30,000 hour, thermostatically controlled, cyclonic style fan uses very little electricity so if you run it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, your will not notice an increase in your energy bill. The unit is easy to install and comes with all necessary hardware.
Dimensions: 12”H X 10”W X 4.5”D (30.5 x 25.4 x 11.4 cm)
Weight: 5 lbs (2.27 kg)
- Has no sharp edges to hurt your dog.
- 8-foot (244 cm) 3-prong, grounded cord
- Made to all agency requirements including foreign UL requirements internal high limit switch shuts down the unit if it reaches 210°F (99°C).
- Automatically resets upon cooling. This can only happen if the unit is mounted improperly
- Made from 14-gauge powder coated steel with a black matte finish
- 110 volts - for USA & Canada installations
- 30,000 hour, thermostatically controlled, cyclonic style fan rating
- 100,000 cycle thermostat
- Moves 24 cu. ft. of air per minute
- Quiet operation -- less than 45 decibels
- Saves energy by only running when needed.
- Draws 1.25 amps so it can be safely powered by an extension cord (any outdoor cord MUST be rated for 10 amps)
- External graphics say "mount this side up" to eliminate mounting questions
- Cools up to a 32 cubic feet (0.906 m3) dog house but also works great for smaller cat and dog houses.
- Please note that several variables can affect performance including enclosed structure, insulation, voids, construction material, and weather (e.g. exposure to direct sunlight, wind, outdoor temperature, humidity), among others.
- One-year limited warranty (warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, abuse, misuse, alteration, neglect, improper installation, or ordinary wear and tear)
- Hound Breezer™ Dog House Cooler can be used in any style of dog houses even igloo style houses (you'll need the igloo-mounting kit)
- Please follow installation instructions carefully. It is extremely important that your house be insulated and preferably has a door/flap. The Hound Breezer™ Dog House Cooling Fan must never be mounted to the ceiling.
Hound Breezer™ Includes:
- Hound Breezer™ fan unit
- Exterior vent
- Connecting flex-tube and clamps
- 2 pieces insulating foam for snug fit
- Winter vent cover and insulation
- 5" hole saw
- Mounting hardware
All you need to do is drill a hole through the wall of the dog house, feed the cord through the hole, mount the Hound Breezer™ Dog House Cooling Fan and plug it in. It's that simple!
Hound Breezer™ Dog House Cooler is designed so the cord is not accessible to your pet from inside the house. Sometimes this is not possible and if this is a concern please consider purchasing the Hound Breezer™ Deluxe with Cord Protector that comes equipped with a Heavy Duty Chew-Proof Cord instead of the Standard Cord.WALL MOUNT ONLY. Not intended for floor or ceiling mounting. Failure to mount properly could result in damage to the Hound Breezer™ or Dog House.
Frequently Asked Questions:Is there any assembly required with the Hound Breezer™?Absolutely not! Simply follow the simple mounting instructions and plug in the Hound Breezer™.To determine how many cubic feet you have, you must multiply the Length x Width x Height, aka: L x W x H. An example would be: 4 ft long x 2 ft wide x 2 ft tall = 16 cubic ft. (122cm x 61cm x 61cm = 0.453 cubic m3.). Please note that you do not measure to the top of a peaked roof, average it from the base of the roof to the peak in order to calculate the cubic space. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. What size pet house can I put the new Hound Breezer™ in?The Hound Breezer™ Dog House Cooler can easily keep cool a well insulated dog house up to 32 cubic feet (0.453 m3). To know this amount, measure Length x Width x Height. Of course there are many important factors to consider. IE: What is the outside temperature? How much insulation does your dog house have? Does the dog house have a door? Is the dog house in the sun? Can I use a Hound Breezer™ in my Igloo style house?Absolutely! The new Hound Breezer™ will mount the same as it would in a square house. (see mounting in an Igloo style house) It is important that you use nuts, bolts and washers instead of screws for mounting. It is also critical you purchase the Igloo style bracket. It comes with instructions and all the necessary nuts and bolts previously mentioned. The Hound Breezer™ back stays cool so there is no problem or worry about melting the plastic. You simply mount the Hound Breezer™ to the bracket and then mount the bracket to the wall of your Igloo style house. It will also allow the Breezer to mount straight, thus cooling more efficiently! My dog really chews. Will he get shocked?
No worries here! The cord comes out the center, back of the Hound Breezer™. If the house is outside the kennel, they don’t have access to it. If the house is inside the kennel and you have concerns about your pet chewing the cord, you can purchase the unit with an extremely, heavy duty, stainless steel spring. This spring covers the entire length of the cord. Contact Petmoods for details.
We speak English - nous parlons Français - Parliamo Italiano - hablamos Español - Wir sprechen Deutsch
A message from Mike Hill - Inventor/Owner
“We are very proud of our manufacturing and reliability. Our return rate, due to defects, is less than 1/10th of 1 percent! These heaters simply work and work well. While you may have to replace the thermostat or heating element, one day, you will NEVER have to buy a replacement unit. My original heaters have worked for 7 winters and trust me, Minnesota winters have put them to the test! The coldest night during the 2013-2014 winter was -23°F below 0°F (-31°C) and my house was a balmy 53°F (12°C)!”
“The Hound Heater is designed to provide ultimate comfort your pet. My engineer has been designing heating products for more than 40 years so you can be assured it will not only do a great job of providing a nice comfortable heat but it is extremely safe! That is why it is the #1 selling pet house heater in the world! We make it out of steel and use only UL listed components. I've tried the rest and still make the best, guaranteed!”
The Hound Heater pays for itself!
In a study published in Gun Dog magazine conducted at the Nestle Purina Pet Care Center, it has been concluded that dogs that are housed outdoors require, on the average, 14% more calories for each 20 degree drop in temperature! The study goes on to say that moderately to hardworking dogs will need 25% to 50% more calories during cold weather to stay warm. The study states that a hard working dog often times needs 80% more food in the winter than in the summer. That's a lot of food! We have noticed that we feed about the same amounts year round. The best thing is still the piece of mind you will have every night, knowing your dogs are warm and comfortable.