Hound Heater™ Deluxe 220-volt EU version by Akoma®
Comfort for Your Pet, Peace of Mind for you!
- Designed with safety, simplicity and efficiency in mind.
- Protect your pet from the cold! A great heating source at an economical price
- Great for water pump houses
- Australian European - South African Version
The Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace will help protect your pet from the cold. It features a long-life heating element for many years of reliable use. This product can also be used for most dog and cat houses. Product is made from 16 gauge powder coated steel.
The newly designed Hound Heater™ Classic features two great changes! It now has a four sided ventilation system that will effectively heat up to 16 cubic feet (0.453 m3). This new unit is powered by a 50,000 hour replaceable heating element, 100 watt, wire resistance element with no emitters required. The same element that has made the Hound Heater™ Furnace a huge success.
Dimensions: 10.5”H X 10”W X 4.5”D (26.7 x 25.4 x 11.4 cm)
- Has no sharp edges and will not burn your pet.
- 8-foot (244 cm) 3-prong, grounded cord
- Designed with an internal heat shield to protect all wires/components - also keeps the front from getting hot allowing your pet to lay directly against the lower half of the unit without any danger of getting burned (please follow installation instructions)
- Made to all agency requirements including foreign UL requirements internal high limit switch shuts down the unit if it reaches 210°F (99°C). Automatically resets upon cooling. This can only happen if the unit is mounted improperly
- 220 volts - for Australia - Europe - South Africa installations
- 50,000 hour rated 150-watt wire element (replaceable)
- 100,000 cycle heavy duty thermostat - (replaceable) "Just Set It and Forget It"
- Saves energy by only running when needed. Adjusts from 30°F (-1°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
- Draws 1.25 amps so it can be safely powered by an extension cord (any outdoor cord MUST be rated for 10 amps)
- External graphics say "mount this side up" to eliminate mounting questions
- Comes with an external heat shield to disperse heat and keep any materials from sitting on top of unit
- Heats up to a 32 cubic feet (0.906 m3) dog house but also works great for smaller cat and dog houses.
- Please note that several variables can affect performance including enclosed structure, insulation, voids, construction material, and weather (e.g. exposure to direct sunlight, wind, snow, ice, and drafts), among others.
- One-year limited warranty (warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, abuse, misuse, alteration, neglect, improper installation, or ordinary wear and tear)
- Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace can be used in any style of dog houses even igloo style houses (you'll need the igloo-mounting kit) and great for heating water pump houses
- Please follow installation instructions carefully. It is extremely important that your house be insulated and preferably has a door/flap. Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace must never be mounted to the ceiling.
All you need to do is drill a hole through the wall of the dog house, feed the cord through the hole, mount the Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace, set the thermostat, and plug it in. It's that simple!
Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace is designed so the cord is not accessible to your pet from inside the house. Sometimes this is not possible and if this is a concern please consider purchasing the Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace Deluxe with Cord Protector which, comes equipped with a Heavy Duty Chew-Proof Cord instead of the Standard Cord.WALL MOUNT ONLY. Not intended for floor or ceiling mounting. Failure to mount properly could result in damage to the Heater or Dog House.
Frequently Asked Questions:Is there any assembly required with the Hound Heater™?Absolutely not! Simply follow the simple mounting instructions and plug in the heater.To determine how many cubic feet you have, you must multiply the Length x Width x Height, aka: L x W x H. An example would be: 4 ft long x 2 ft wide x 2 ft tall = 16 cubic ft. (122cm x 61cm x 61cm = 0.453 cubic m3.). Please note that you do not measure to the top of a peaked roof, average it from the base of the roof to the peak in order to calculate the cubic space. If you need assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. What are the differences between the Hound Heater™ Furnace and the Hound Heater™ Classic?The new Hound Heater™ now has several differences from the previous model. First, it is powered by a replaceable, extremely long life (50,000+ hour) wire resistance element. This technology is one of the most reliable heaters in the world. Second, Akoma® has built in a 100,000 cycle, very accurate, thermostat (replaceable). No more wondering what temperature your pet’s house is. The Hound Heater™ Classic (not this product) is a basic, very efficient, heater. You can plug it in once it gets cold and leave it on. It is now powered by the same long life, wire resistance element as the Hound Heater™ Furnace but at a lower wattage (100 watts) so it won’t get the house too warm. The Classic is a great unit for cat houses as they do not care if it is 60°F or 80°F (16°C to 27°C). Another great use is for water pump houses. Know that the valves and pump will never freeze. What size pet house can I put the new Hound Heater™ in?The Hound Heater™ Dog House Furnace can easily heat a well insulated dog house up to 32 cubic feet (0.453 m3). To know this amount, measure Length x Width x Height. Of course there are many important factors to consider. IE: What is the outside temperature? How much insulation does your dog house have? Does the dog house have a door? The beauty of the new heater is, because it is thermostatically controlled, it can go in a small house as well. Once the pre-set temperature (medium is approximately 50°F or 10°C) has been reached it will turn off and on to keep your pet warm and dry. Can I use a Hound Heater™ in my Igloo style house?Absolutely! The new Hound Heater™ will mount the same as it would in a square house. (see mounting in an Igloo style house) It is important that you use nuts, bolts and washers instead of screws for mounting. It is also critical you purchase the Igloo style bracket. It comes with instructions and all the necessary nuts and bolts previously mentioned. The Hound Heater™ back stays cool so there is no problem or worry about melting the plastic.New this year! You simply mount the Hound Heater™ Furnace to the bracket and then mount the bracket to the wall of your Igloo style house. It will also allow the Furnace to mount straight, thus heating more efficiently! My dog really chews. Will he get shocked?
No worries here! The cord comes out the center, back of the heater. If the house is outside the kennel, they don’t have access to it. If the house is inside the kennel and you have concerns about your pet chewing the cord, you can purchase the unit with an extremely, heavy duty, stainless steel spring. This spring covers the entire length of the cord. Contact Petmoods for details. I installed my new Hound Heater™ Dog House furnace but the house is not warming up?The answer is always quite simple. Every house should contain insulation and every house should have some kind of door. Doing this will eliminate the two kinds of heat loss that occur. One is conductive and the other is infiltration. The first one can best be described by thinking of holding a can of soda in the summer’s heat with no can cooler. How long would the soda stay cold? The can cooler (insulation) stops the conductive loss from your hand to the beverage. The door or flap will trap the heat. Think of how your own house would feel if you left the front door open in the winter?
A message from Mike Hill - Inventor/Owner
“We are very proud of our manufacturing and reliability. Our return rate, due to defects, is less than 1/10th of 1 percent! These heaters simply work and work well. While you may have to replace the thermostat or heating element, one day, you will NEVER have to buy a replacement unit. My original heaters have worked for 7 winters and trust me, Minnesota winters have put them to the test! The coldest night during the 2013-2014 winter was -23°F below 0°F (-31°C) and my house was a balmy 53°F (12°C)!”
“The Hound Heater is designed to provide ultimate comfort your pet. My engineer has been designing heating products for more than 40 years so you can be assured it will not only do a great job of providing a nice comfortable heat but it is extremely safe! That is why it is the #1 selling pet house heater in the world! We make it out of steel and use only UL listed components. I've tried the rest and still make the best, guaranteed!”
The Hound Heater pays for itself!
In a study published in Gun Dog magazine conducted at the Nestle Purina Pet Care Center, it has been concluded that dogs that are housed outdoors require, on the average, 14% more calories for each 20 degree drop in temperature! The study goes on to say that moderately to hardworking dogs will need 25% to 50% more calories during cold weather to stay warm. The study states that a hard working dog often times needs 80% more food in the winter than in the summer. That's a lot of food! We have noticed that we feed about the same amounts year round. The best thing is still the piece of mind you will have every night, knowing your dogs are warm and comfortable.
Hound Heater I...